Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Which is right? Guy approach girl? OR Girl approach Guy? :P

Kenny sia's latest post discusses the issue of whether it is right for a girl to make the first move.. hahaha.. i find it interesting.. that's something we talk about.. we think about it.. everyone preaches about equality in this modern world.. on how men and women are all equals.. yet again.. when it comes to the matter of the heart.. is it still like tat? are things still equal?

women often their man to be there.. through thick and thin.. that he's the one who's going to protect her.. who's going to be the one she holds on to when the world collapse down on her.. basically.. he is the STRONGER party in the relationship.. but if we're equal.. why cant we be the ones who they lean on? It's as good as asking anyone about their views on househusbands...

Someone's comment on Kenny's blog was pretty interesting.. and I agree strongly in something that was in the comment, "If you see a man you have your eyes on, GO FOR HIM. Do not sit around whining and drowning in your own little shallow pool of delusional hope that someday a prince will come proposing on your door with his white horse. " That's pretty true really.. haaha.. u cant say that u expect the person to acknowledge you.. and hope that he falls head over heels in love with you.. you wont know how he is UNTIL you know who he really is.. and u cant judge without even having a conversation..

I found it interesting.. thus I commented on the blog.. the following was my comment..

Who should approach whom? Guy approach girl? OR girl approach guy? It's an awfully easy question yet it's a difficult question to answer. I'm pretty sure no one would disagree with me when I said we have all been brought to believe that the ONLY right way for this is guy approach girl.. it's something that is unspoken.. the silent rule in a relationship.. but is that how it's suppose to be? In this modern and independent world where men and women are treated as equals.. how should this be any different? Women should be able to plug up the courage and go up there and confront the guy you like.. I know.. it's easier said than done.. but yet again.. if you dont try.. how would you know? Kenny.. Not to say you're wrong when generalising women the way you did in the post.. but then again.. NOT ALL women are like tat.. I for one definitely dont turn a guy down and bitch about him.. yeah.. we talk among gf's but we dont bitch or say that u're a loser.. often than none.. I believe that women are actually flattered that a guy they know or a guy fren asks them out.. they might turn you down.. not because you're below them or that you're not goodlooking.. or for the joy of just turning a guy down.. I think it's more of them believing that it would not work out.. thus they take the initiative to turn the guy down and save themselves a heartache.. yet again.. i'm talking on my perspective.. and it is neither fair to say that all women are like tat.. But I DO strongly agree that women should take the initiative and get to know the guy they fancy... there's no need to pull any stunts whatsoever.. a mere and simple 'hello' will do... get to know him.. who knows.. someone you thought of as your prince charming might very well end up being your living nightmare.. :P hehehe.. so.. yeah.. I say.. there's nothing wrong for the girl to walk up to the guy and take the first step.. some signs we send do NOT display our objectives all that appropriately.. it can either be misinterpreted.. or disregarded.. and at that point.. there's no one else to blame but yourself. :)

I know I side tracked a lot.. hahaha.. but I thought since I was at it.. I might as well just express my views at the same time.. hehehe.. anyways.. there's a bottle of perfume to win.. hahaa.. anyone whose interested.. go visit kenny sia's blog.. www.kennysia.com

1 comment:

Ping said...

i've replied u! :D